What's On This Page?
- Task Overview: A table listing your Habits, Dailies, and To-Dos, with their attributes and colours, values, and magnitudes (value and magnitude are useful for choosing tasks to cast skills on). Completed To-Dos are not shown; completed Dailies are. At the bottom of this section, you will find one randomly-selected item from your To-Do list. Re-fetch your data to see a different random To-Do.
- Task Statistics: How many Habits, Dailies, To-Dos, and Rewards you have in total, and how many are assigned to each attribute. If you have task-based auto-allocation turned on, this section will also show your Training Points.
- Tasks Untagged: If you have any Habits, Dailies, To-Dos, or Rewards that have not been tagged they will be listed. This will be useful to you only if you prefer to tag all your tasks and are looking for any you have missed.
- Habit Trends: An interactive chart that provides a visual representation of the trends in your Habits. It gives you an idea of which Habits you are reinforcing, and which are being neglected.
- Habit History: This shows some of the dates and times you recently clicked on your Habits. But note the disclaimer you'll see at the top of the list! Most of your clicks can not be shown.
- Dailies History: A spreadsheet-like view showing the days on which you did and did not tick off your Dailies.
- Dailies Incomplete: A list of Dailies scheduled for today that you have not yet completed, and the estimated damage you will take from each one. It also has a separate list of Grey Dailies that have not been completed (you don't need to do those today, but you might want to for extra rewards).
- To-Dos with Dates: A list of all To-Dos that have been given due dates, sorted by date. If there are any To-Dos due today or overdue, a red tile will appear in the dashboard to tell you how many there are.
- To-Dos Completed: A sortable, filterable table containing all of your completed To-Dos that Habitica has in its archive. The To-Dos' notes and completion dates are included.
- Drops Received Today: The number of drops you have received so far today will be shown, along with your drop-cap.
- Quest Progress: If you are on a boss or collection quest, you'll see an estimate of how much progress you have made so far today, as well as the boss's HP (taken from your party's page, so this does not include any reduction from the damage you or other players have caused since the last time a party member's cron ran).
- Damage from Dailies: This estimates the amount of damage you will take at the end of the day if you do not complete any more Dailies today. It includes additional damage from a quest boss. Be cautious about relying on these estimates if you are low on health! Please read the warning in that section (click its "show explanation" link).
- Stats and Streaks Backup: A plain-text view of information that you might need to restore your stats and your Dailies' streaks if you die through no fault of your own. This information is available only before death, so you might wish to copy the information every few days.
- Missing Equipment: If you have died and lost equipment, that equipment will be listed, along with the class that it belongs to. This is to help you buy it back, if you choose to do so.
- Current Appearance and Gear: This lists the equipment you are wearing (battle gear and costume), your avatar's appearance settings (skin colour, hair, etc), and your pet and mount. This lets you easily record an appearance that you especially like or a set of battle gear that gives you useful stats (e.g., you could copy and paste this section to a text file).
- Equipment Recommendations: This displays your best equipment with features that help you choose the right gear for maximising specific attributes (for example, to maximise INT and CON before casting a healing spell).
- Skills and Buffs: A description of each of the spells for your class and the exact effect they will have if you cast them now. Also describes spells for other classes with estimates of their effects if you changed to that class while keeping similar character attributes.
- Subscription Data: If you have a Habitica subscription, this section will show you the data Habitica has about your subscription. If you have been a subscriber in the past, this section might show some of your old data. If you have a current subscription that is ending in less than a week, a large orange notification will appear at the top of the page. (This banner might be a bit annoying for those who already know that their subscription is ending, and I am sorry about that, but it will last for only a week and then disappear. The banner exists for the benefit of those who don't realise the termination date is approaching, and I know from my support work that that's not uncommon.)
Those items will not be shown if they are not relevant to your account (e.g., if you have no untagged tasks, you will not see the untagged tasks section).
Possible Future Features
- Display checklists and notes for tasks.
- For relevant Skills And Buffs, show how to increase the chance of a critical hit happening.
- Add percentages to Task Statistics.
- Hide information about drops for any players who have not yet had drops enabled.
- Show the potential damage you would do to a boss even when you are not on a quest (but don't display it in the dashboard). Would help people who are questioning whether or not they're ready for a boss fight.
- For Dailies History, improve the scrolling and the visibility and fixedness of the task names.
- For Task Overview, add an invisible column for emoji and allow drop-down menu filtering using that column.
- For Task Overview, show how much XP, GP, and MP you will gain from completing each task.
- Add tags to the Task Overview and possibly other sections.
- For Task Overview and the Dailies sections, show the dates that tasks were last completed to assist with keeping track of monthly and bi-weekly tasks.
- Modify the "Random To-Do" function to also display a random Daily from those that have not been completed.
- Create a "Random Task" button that displays a randomly-selected To-Do and Daily near the top of the page. Allow the button to be clicked to show different tasks without the whole page having to be refetched. Remove the random task currently shown at the bottom of the Task Overview section.
- For Habit History and Untagged Tasks, apply the "longContent" class if there are more than x number of items.
- Prevent fatal failures when unexpected conditions occur (try/catch or similar everywhere).
- List how many preferred food items are needed to turn each pet into a mount.
- Clairvoyance: Show which Dailies will be due tomorrow.
- Display how many and which Enchanted Armoire items you do not already have.
- Improve how Equipment Recommendations handles Enchanted Armoire items.
- Upgrade Data Tables to the latest version, adjust all calls to it as needed and test thoroughly.
- Other Stuff?: Send me ideas! Contact details are below.
Internet Explorer will produce odd results if you use the "Re-Fetch Data" button. Reloading the page will fix the problem. Avoid using that button. Avoiding Internet Explorer will also work.
This page will not work correctly on old browsers because it uses modern website features and relies on compliance to standards (both can be lacking in old browsers). Updating your browser is important for general safety on the internet! If you have upgraded your browser to the latest version and are still having problems, please tell me! Contact details are below.
Regardless of what bugs there might be, this page cannot damage your account. It does not contain any code that could result in any changes being made on Habitica.
Help and Contact Details
This page has been created by Alys (a.k.a. Alice Harris). If you have questions, problems, or suggestions, you're welcome to contact me, although I cannot guarantee that I'll always be able to spend a lot of time on this. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org is the best way to reach me, or you can comment on this wiki blog post.
If you have general questions about Habitica, post them to Tavern Talk or The Quarters - Q & A board.